Ordering & Delivery
Once you have choosen your car, the specialist will go through the online ordering process with you, which doesn't take long.
If you have chosen a car with an advance payment or require adaptations, you can discuss these with your dealer at this point.
You will need to provide the dealer with:
- Both parts of your driving licience
- Award entitlement notice
- Proof of address (e.g utility bill)
- Driving licences of your named drivers (if any)
- Details of any previous accidents and driving convictions that you or your named drivers have
Once your dealer has submitted your order, Motability will automatically receive it for processing. Once processed, they will send you an acceptance letter containing your Personal Identification Number (PIN). This may take a week or so. Please keep your PIN in a safe place as you will need it when you collect your car.
Your dealer will advise you when your car will be delivered. It could be a few weeks, but please stay in touch with your dealer in case there are delays.
Collecting your car
This is the part you have been waiting for - collecting and driving away in your brand new car.
There are a few things you need to do when you collect your car on the agreed date (or have it delivered if you have ordered a WAV).
Take with you:
- Your PIN, you will need this to sign your agreement
- A list of your added features/adaptations (if any) so you can check they are all included
- Your advance payment (If applicable)
Your dealer will give you a 'tour' of the car. If you don't recognise any features please ask your dealer before you drive away.
You will be asked to sign your lease agreement and insurance documents. This is done electronically by entering your PIN into the online system.
And if you have chosen a car with an advance payment, you will need to pay it in full to your dealer.
You will leave there with:
- Your new car
- Your welcome pack including a handbook and terms and conditions
- Your car tax disc (Motability will hold the V5 registration form)
- Your copy of the lease agreement and insurance documents
- A Smile on your face!